Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] http not working for savannah.gnu.org ...

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] http not working for savannah.gnu.org ... ?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:40:57 -0600

Paul Smith wrote:
> But now it started working for me.  When I just tried it took a while
> with "Connecting..." but finally came back with the page (previously it
> would come back with an error page), and now when I do it it works
> quickly.

I also noticed that Savannah was slower than typical at this time of
day.  At other times of day it is typical for Savannah to be even
slower than this.

I noticed from IRC just a moment ago that the FSF admins were
answering other people's questions about slow VMs and the answer came
back that the dom0 was doing a raid sync, six more hours predicted to
go from now.  We are on the edge for I/O normally so that will brown
out the VMs while it is running.

> So, either there was something wrong on my end or else someone fixed it!

Ah, well, doesn't matter either way.  Except I know that nothing
changed on the savannah end.  :-)  Must just be the slower than normal
operations due to the raid sync today that is on the enge of timing out.

> Thanks Bob.  FWIW, I agree that it would be good to change the email
> link address...

I will submit a task ticket to do this so that it isn't forgotten.

Bob