Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] small suggestion, list descriptions

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] small suggestion, list descriptions
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 22:11:52 -0600

>     [savannah-help-public] ... also among the maintainers.
>
> In my mind that would normally be savannah-hackers-public (where this
> discussion is taking place :).

This is an example of where I could not keep them all straight.  I saw
that savannah-help-public and thought it was savannah-hackers-public
and commented based upon my mis-reading of it! :-(

> This is one of the places where having two lists is unnecessary IMHO.

Obviously I agree.  I got them mixed up myself just now.

> I don't see anything to be gained by removing one at this late date.
> Given the amount of confusion caused by the savannah-hackers ==
> savannah-help-public conflation, I would not advocate for additional
> list merging.

That savannah-hackers / savannah-help-public is also confusing because
I think savannah-hackers should have been equivalent to
savannah-hackers-public not savannah-help-public.

Bob