[Savannah-hackers] mail aliases on savannah.gnu.org

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] mail aliases on savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:49:37 +0100 (CET)

       Hi,

       At first I did not realize that it was needed to have an true
alias file mapping each savannah login account to the real mail
address, even if this is not an address visible to the outside
world. The recent mail notification problems told me otherwise ;-)

       It seems fairly harmless to me to re-create an alias file that
is included in /etc/aliases each time a user create himself an account
or changes its e-mail address. We are dealing with a reasonable number
of accounts (~160 at present).

       Since I may be missing something, I wanted to ask for advice before
actualy doing this.

        Cheers,