Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Proposed new method for creating accounts

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Proposed new method for creating accounts
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:19:05 -0700

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 12:00:02AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
>  > Loic, is there a facility in savannah for a module that has:
>  >
>  > o A group for read access
>  > o A group for write access
>  > o No anonymous access?
>
>       Modules depend on basic file system user/group
> permissions. Therefore having a directory/file with 2 groups is not
> possible (one with write, the other with read). Denying anonymous
> access is possible by denying access to "others".

CVS provides facilities for a 'readers' file, which is how anoncvs
generally works.  The anoncvs user has filesystem write priviledges,
but is program-blocked through the readers file.  To implement this
feature, Savannah would have to manipulate this file through the web
interface (it could always be done directly by checking out the
CVSROOT, but that seems error prone to me).

I'm mostly wondering if it already supports this through the frontend.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey