Re: [Savannah-hackers] problem runnig mysql as "nobody"

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] problem runnig mysql as "nobody"
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 15:57:44 +0200

Dans un message du 03 avr à  8:12, address@hidden écrivait :
>       The log_accum script is run under the uid of the user. And running
> a script that allows any user (CVSROOT for each project is writable by
> the project contributors) to get access to the MySQL database seems dangerous
> to me.

It depends. We could place a .my.cnf file in every home directory with a
user and a password. We would just authorize this user to select the
name and email columns.

That seems pretty secure, but maybe it is overkill.

Regards

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

      A part of me left that only you knew will never be understood (RHCP)