Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU libc manual is old

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU libc manual is old
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:44:16 +0100

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 10:56:00PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> "Jaime E . Villate" <address@hidden> writes:
> > 1- Instead of having /home/www/html/manual as a symbolic link to
> > /home/ftp/pub/gnu/Manuals, as it currently is, make
> > /home/ftp/pub/gnu/Manuals
>
> I didn't know that.  So how shall I submit the new glibc manual this
> time?  Shall I upload it to ftp.gnu.org:/home/ftp/pub/gnu/Manuals ?

Hi,
When I wrote the above lines I was not aware that since last February the ftp
and http servers were split into two different machines. There is currently
ftp.gnu.org:/home/ftp/pub/gnu/Manuals, which is in gnuftp.gnu.org, and
gnudist:/home/ftp/pub/gnu/Manuals, which is the one that will be served when
you access http://www.gnu.org/manual

Looking at the two directories, they don't seem to be synchronized, so my
guess is that in the current state of things you should upload the new manual
on both (in a directory glibc-version_number and a symbolic link glibc
pointing at it); if you want a more authoritative answer, you should ask
address@hidden

Greetings,
Jaime