[Savannah-hackers] http://www.gnu.org/manual/fileutils/? How to update?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] http://www.gnu.org/manual/fileutils/? How to update?
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 11:03:56 -0600

I am working toward updating the documentation for fileutils and need
a gentle nudge in the right direction to accomplish this.

First my background information.  I am a registered user on savannah.
I can cvs checkout from anonymous cvs the current pages from
http://www.gnu.org/software/fileutils/.  Everything generally is going
well.  Savannah is working nicely for me, thank you very much.  I
observe that /software/fileutils/ is only one of the areas for online
documentation.  The current page points to the general online
documentation location at http://www.gnu.org/manual/fileutils/.  Also
the page at www.gnu.org/manual/ has a pointer that will need to be
updated.  But I cannot by similarity cvs check out the documentation
that exists under /manual/.

How is the documentation under http://www.gnu.org/manual/fileutils/
accessed?  Or is there a different directory organization that I
should be using?

Also, I was curious as to when cron updates occur.  The documentation
mentions four times a day or every six hours without actually saying
when.  I know it is advantageous to remain flexible on exactly when
things occur.  I won't hold this as permanently accurate information
but it would help me plan to know on what hours those updates occur.
[I am currently waiting for an update so that my SSH key will be
installed.]

Thanks
Bob