[Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS on subversions - commit bug

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS on subversions - commit bug
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:43:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Guillaume!

> > I know that upgrading software requires time and efforts, but I would
> > really appreciate if you upgrade CVS. Thank you in advance.
>
> I've upgraded CVS on subversions. Please tell me if you encounter any
> problems.

There is a problem! Anonymous pserver doesn't work.

$ cvs up
cvs server: cannot open /root/.cvsignore: Permission denied
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/cvs/autoconf'
(/cvs/autoconf/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvs/autoconf'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

The solution for the "/root/.cvsignore" is to add "-f" after cvs in
/etc/inetd.conf.

I think that the problem with locks is a separate problem. You may want to
use a separate lock directory by using "LockDir" in CVSROOT/config.

Pavel Roskin