Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS on subversions - commit bug

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS on subversions - commit bug
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 19:50:43 +0200

Dans un message du 15 mai à 12:55, Pavel Roskin écrivait :
> This means that they share CVSROOT used for pserver (unless I'm missing
> something). The only difference may be in the permissions for the
> directories "autoconf" and e.g. "libtool" or for the corresponding lock
> directories (if LockDir is defined in CVSROOT/config).

I do not think they a share CVSROOT. Indeed the CVS page gives this
command
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/autoconf co autoconf

When I run it :

cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
`/cvsroot/autoconf/autoconf' (/cvsroot/autoconf/autoconf/#cvs.lock):
Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/cvsroot/autoconf/autoconf'cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed -
giving up

/cvsroot/autoconf has its CVSROOT that contains no information about a
lock dir.

Weirder :
subversions:/cvsroot/grub# ls -lLd grub ../autoconf/
drwxrwsr-x    3 root     autoconf     1024 May 14 21:53 ../autoconf/
drwxrwsr-x   16 31604    grub         1024 May 15 10:44 grub

The permissions are the same.

Just as subversions:/cvsroot# ls -ld grub autoconf
drwxrwsr-x    3 root     autoconf     1024 May 14 21:53 autoconf
drwxrwsr-x    3 root     grub         1024 May 10 18:09 grub

anoncvs is a member of both groups.

I really don't understand. If anyone give me an hint.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

              Linux is user friendly. Linux is not idiot friendly
                   If you don't understand that, use Windows