Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: a dummy project to help create accounts

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: a dummy project to help create accounts
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:19:47 -0400

address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

>       It's indeed the only way.

That means that every person with a GNU account must have a savannah
account.  That is a reasonable requirement, but it should be well
documented.

One requirement though: it must be the case that *someone else* can create
that savannah account and do all the work related to account creation on
savannah.  And, the procedure on how to do this must be documented
somewhere (the canonical place is sysadmin.texi).

Can someone please make this happen?

>  > When all this gets worked out, please document this in detail in
>  > sysadmin.texi.

>       This is documented in savannah.gnu.org/savannah.html (not
> connected right now but from memory under the title Managing
> Accounts). There should be a pointer to this chapter in the
> sysadmin.texi documentation to avoid confusion, I'll check this.

Yes, please do.  It is ok if sysadmin.texi points to other documentation,
but the documentation in sysadmin.texi *must* be accurate!