[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org + subversions.gnu.org migration comp

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org + subversions.gnu.org migration complete
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 16:52:59 +0200

        Hi,

        The migration of the savannah.gnu.org + subversions.gnu.org
machine is complete. From a software point of view nothing changes.
It's only a hardware and location change (from california to boston).

        I updated the savannah documentation with system
administration related
information. https://savannah.gnu.org/savannah.html#System%20Administration

    * Booting with grub and not lilo:
    * Emergency situation:
    * Linux configuration:
    * IDE Disk tweaking:

        I left the parts that are not strictly on the
machine for sysadmin.texi.

        Apparently everything is working like a charm which is a good
news. The switchover downtime was approximately 40 minutes. We still have
to discover what amount of trouble this migration will generate. I'm not
too pessimistic.

        Cheers,