[Savannah-hackers] Re: migrating from gnats to RT?

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: migrating from gnats to RT?
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:51:30 -0700

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 02:36:29AM -0400, Joel N. Weber II wrote:

> I'm thinking that we may want to move from gnats to RT.

Joel, you appear to be forgetting the critical case of NIH syndrome
that we have.

Gnats *does* appear to be under active maintainership, as does
gnatsweb.  I suspect the minimum fuss thing to do would be:

o Provide a concrete list of why Gnats currently sucks
o Give that to the maintainers
o Tell rms that we've given them the list and are willing to wait 6 months
  before we simply switch to something else.

The parts of Gnats that I intensly dislike are quite easy to solve:
(Real DB + commands to expose schema at runtime for ease of use
through gnatsd).  I will be unemployed in 8 hours, 10 minutes, so I
will probably have time between now and when I move to New York in
August to hack on things like this.  I've got a couple other projects
ahead of it, though.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey