[Savannah-hackers] Re: sshd crashed

From: Niels Möller
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: sshd crashed
Date: 24 Jun 2001 21:16:59 +0200

Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden> writes:

> I saw the messages about lshd crashing so I did some research.  And I
> found some sshd daemons running, but still couldn't even log in via
> ssh, so I logged in using kerberos and restarted sshd.
>
> ~# /etc/init.d/ssh restart
> Restarting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.

Now I'm a little confused... Are you running lshd or opensshd on
subversions? If you want both, you should probably configure them to
listen on different ports, or you'll confuse at least me.

The opensshd that's running on subversions at the moment seems quite
old,

  address@hidden src]$ ./lsh -v subversions.gnu.org
  lsh: Enabling default escape character `~'
  lsh: unix_random.c: Started background poll. pid = 13602.
  lsh: Garbage collecting while busy...
  lsh: Objects alive: 85, garbage collected: 37
  lsh: Initiating handshake with subversions.gnu.org
  lsh: do_arcfour_random_slow: Initalizing randomness pool.
  lsh: Unsupported protocol version: SSH-1.5-OpenSSH-1.2.3
  lsh: Connection died.

I'm not quite sure what the recommended opensshd version is, but I'm
pretty sure that it supports protocol version 2.0. Lysator seems to be
running opensshd-2.3.0p1, and I don't think you want to run anything
older than that.

Regards,
/Niels