Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of cardpics

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of cardpics
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:23:02 +0000

Hi,

If GNU GPL applies to images, we use it. Yes!

For the copyright notice, jpg images accept comments, but
it seems that png images do not.

So we'll use that way to put the copyright notice for jpg
images, but we need another idea for png images.

The tests with comments were made with gimp-1.2.1 (not
the latest one)

Thanks for helping on this subject that is new for us!
Yves

>       Hi,
>
>       It is possible and appropriate to apply the GNU
GPL to images.
> How to add a copyright notice to an image, I'm not
sure. An image format
> usually has a field to include comments, the copyright
notice can be

address@hidden
>  >
>  >
>  > Yves Mettier <address@hidden> described the
package as follows:
>  > License: gpl
>  > Other License: As the cards are only pictures, not
code, can they be GPL2?
>  > If yes, the licence will be GPL2.
>  > If no, we are looking for a similar licence, but for
graphics.
>  > Package: cardpics
>  > System name: cardpics
>  > This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU
project
>  >
>  > The goal of my project is to have game cards that
everybody can use in his/her free program. We are
currently coding a french tarot game, but we would like
the cards on a separate project with a specific site, a
specific documentation and a specific package to download
so that people don\'t need to hear about the game: they
just need to hear about this project that contains the
card pictures.
>  >
>  > The pictures of the cards are already done; nothing
was done yet for the site.

address@hidden
address@hidden
address@hidden