Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of cardpics

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of cardpics
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:52:57 +0100

address@hidden writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > If GNU GPL applies to images, we use it. Yes!
 >
 > For the copyright notice, jpg images accept comments, but
 > it seems that png images do not.
 >
 > So we'll use that way to put the copyright notice for jpg
 > images, but we need another idea for png images.
 >
 > The tests with comments were made with gimp-1.2.1 (not
 > the latest one)
 >
 > Thanks for helping on this subject that is new for us!
 > Yves

        One idea I had was to insert the copyright notice using
steganography. Writing a few lines in the README file explaining
how to re-apply it on a modified image is needed since it's
hardly common knowledge. Some steganography methods are modification
resistant but this is not 100% safe. Explaining how to re-insert
it is certainly simpler. The README file should also contain an
example line to display the copyright notice.

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden