[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNUFEM: Finite Elemen

From: gnu
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNUFEM: Finite Element Toolkit
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:58:02 -0500

Matthew Roberts <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: GNUFEM: Finite Element Toolkit
System name: gnufem
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

The purpose is to provide a nonlinear, finite element toolkit
for Matlab (and in the future, Octave).

Goals:

1) Provide a robust, efficient and easy to use finite element code
   that is freely available to researchers and professionals.
2) Allow easy extension of the program by providing means to add
   elements without modifying the core analysis code.

Please note that I had initially hoped to write the toolkit for
Octave, but because of limitations in the Octave structures and
a lack of nonlinear \"toolboxes\" I was essentially
forced me to write this for Matlab.  Once the problems with
Octave are resolved, I plan to port the toolbox.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.  (The code is being
used for my dissertation research.)