Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Improved Unix Use

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Improved Unix User Interface
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:20:06 +0100

Chad Slaughter writes:
 > On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 10:52:23AM +0100, Loic Dachary wrote:
 > >    The code available at http://www.lusars.net./~slaught/code/code.html
 > > does not contain license information. It can therefore be doubted that it
 > > is
 >
 > You are right it doesn't contain any license nor does it contain
 > any copyright statement. In my request I stated the code would be
 > released under a modified BSD license. What is there to doubt?

        If you don't include a copyright notice at the beginning of
the files, the software is not Free Software. That's the way it is.
Saying somewhere else that your intent is to make it Free Software
does not help, you have to say this within the source files.

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden