Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Improved Unix Use

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Improved Unix User Interface
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:36:31 +0100

        Hi,

        I think there is a misunderstanding. Looking at the code
during the submission is a way for us to help people so that the
license information is properly included. It is often the case that
developers are not aware that copyright notices should be included
in order for the software to be Free Software. Doing so at this stage
is therefore often very useful. In some rare cases the developers
withdraw because they did not really mean to publish Free Software
but this is the exception.

        Now you may find that this way of doing things is a burden to
you. Please understand that browsing projects afterwards would be very
hard for us, mainly because developers may not be ready to answer us
at the time we ask. We do it at submission time because both the
developers and us are available and the license problems can be solved
rapidly.

        If it is hard for you to change the current web site, you can
send us a tarbal with the code including the license information.

        Thanks for you help,

P.S. As a side note please understand that Savannah is a project
developped and maintained by volunteers, not employees.

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden