[Savannah-hackers] Re: okay, you got me stymied

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: okay, you got me stymied
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:40:16 +0000

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 06:32:21AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> I have tried rsync, scp and ssh to get files into what I thought would be
> the upload area of my project: freesoftware.fsf.org:/upload/pxe-toolkit
> Can you please point me to the specific documentation that explains how to
> upload project files?
>
> %%michael

Click on "CVS" on you project's page, which will take you to:
  http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=690
and follow the directions in the section "Developer CVS Access via SSH".

We still have to adjust those directions for different projects, so I
recommend that you use the following commands instead of what the page says:
  mkdir working-dir
  cd working-dir
  cvs -z3 address@hidden:/cvsroot/pxe-toolkit/ co .
  mkdir pxe-toolkit
  cvs add pxe-toolkit
and in the directory pxe-toolkit put your files, add them to the repository
with "cvs add file" and commit them with "cvs ci file". If you already have
CVS archive files from another server (with names "something,v") you can tell
us a URL where to get them or send them to me (or any other Savannah hacker)
privately, and we'll put them in your project's area.

Please keep in mind that even though you have access via SSH, it is a
restricted access that will only let you use CVS commands; that means rsync
and scp will not work, but "cvs add" "cvs ci", "cvs import" should be good
enough to replace them.

Any further questions, please ask us (address@hidden) rather than
cvs-hackers.

Cheers,