[Savannah-hackers] Re: gcc at subversions

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: gcc at subversions
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:37:24 +0100

Gerald Pfeifer writes:
 > Hi Loic,
 >
 > Phil Edwards was so kind to point me to you. We (I am the webpages
 > and documentation maintainer for GCC as well as a member of the
 > Steering Committee) are experiencing a heavy load on gcc.gnu.org
 > caused by anoncvs.
 >
 > Now, it would be nice to be able to officially point our anonymous
 > users to subversions instead of gcc.gnu.org (and RMS wanted to shift
 > more of GCC's development infrastructure to FSF machines anyway), but
 > for that the two repositories should be synced more often than once a
 > day.
 >
 > Do you think it's feasible to sync, say, once an hour, as the FreeBSD
 > project does this with it's cvs servers?

        We can definitely give it a try. I changed the frequency right
now and will watch the mrtg graphs (subversions.gnu.org/mrtg) & logs
in the next 24 hours. If you can check on your side that it behaves as
expect it would be nice.

        Of course the risk is that we mirror a locked file and that during
an hour the corresponding file is not available. I'm not sure what would
be the easiest way to avoid this problem.

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden