[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of IRMCTL

From: rms
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of IRMCTL
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:16:35 -0500

Rui Miguel Seabra <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: IRMCTL
System name: irmctl

My project is a daemon that listens on a serial device for codes.
Those codes usually come from infrared remote controllers.
Currently it only supports Evation\'s irman [ http://www.evation.com/irman ].

This daemon, after reading two configuration files (the second [ remote
controller ] is indexed by the first [irmctl.conf]) it waits for a code.
Depending on the configuration, it will launch a command, or execute a builtin
supported function.

This way, with a remote controller, I have a sort of shell with which I change
channels on xawtv, play the next song on xmms, suspend the computer, etc etc
etc...

It already exists and you can see it at http://irmctl.sourceforge.net, from
which I am moving into Savannah due to VA\'s change of attitude.