Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of IRMCTL

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of IRMCTL
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:11:44 +0100

Dans un message du 22 nov à 13:16, address@hidden écrivait :
> Rui Miguel Seabra <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: IRMCTL
> System name: irmctl
>
> My project is a daemon that listens on a serial device for codes.
> Those codes usually come from infrared remote controllers.
> Currently it only supports Evation\'s irman [ http://www.evation.com/irman ].
>
> This daemon, after reading two configuration files (the second [ remote
> controller ] is indexed by the first [irmctl.conf]) it waits for a code.
> Depending on the configuration, it will launch a command, or execute a
> builtin supported function.
>
> This way, with a remote controller, I have a sort of shell with which I
> change channels on xawtv, play the next song on xmms, suspend the computer,
> etc etc etc...
>
> It already exists and you can see it at http://irmctl.sourceforge.net, from
> which I am moving into Savannah due to VA\'s change of attitude.

Unless I am mistaken, the code in 0.4 distribution does not contain a
proper copyright notice. Therefore from a strictly legal point of view,
your software is not (yet :-) Free Software. You have to include a
complete copyright notice at the beginning of every source file.

e.g

/*
    Copyright (C) year,year2 Author1,Author2

    (at your option) any later version.

    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA

*/

Could you fix this in your distribution and resubmit your project please
?

Thanks for your patience.

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

                    Sometimes I find I need to scream (RHCP)