Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] peng want to be a GNU package

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] peng want to be a GNU package
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:49:35 +0000

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 04:59:40AM +0100, Charles Longeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In fact, peng is a too young project to be qualified of a software or a
> package. So I think it's too early too see if peng could be a GNU package.
> The only thing which is sure, is that peng is released under the GPL.

Hi,
Please keep in mind that peng does not have to become part of the GNU project
to remain hosted in Savannah. Your project has already been approved and you
can use Savannah to develop it. The fact that it is released under the GPL or
that it has a web page in  www.freesoftware.fsf.org does not imply any
relation with the GNU project.
If in the future you and you colaborators decide to submit peng to the GNU
project, you can do it. But you should not feel any obligation to do so.

Regards,
Jaime Villate