[Savannah-hackers] [ 100268 ] Not entirely sure if I can use Savannah

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 100268 ] Not entirely sure if I can use Savannah
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 08:35:11 -0500

Support Request #100268, was updated on 2002-Jan-03 15:32
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100268&group_id=11

Category: None

By: loic
Date: 2002-Jan-07 13:35

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=102
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux 2.4.17 i686; en-US; rv:0.9.1) Gecko/20010607

You can use Savannah for the software of yours that is Free
Software, assuming it does *not* depend on non-free software
to run. Savannah does not offer hosting to software that
will be Free Software but is not yet Free Software.

Also note that Open Source and Free Software are distinct
and cannot be used interchangeably. On Savannah we talk
about Free Software, not Open Source.

Cheers,

By: bernhard