Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of BananaHead Point

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of BananaHead Point Of Sale
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:02:31 +0000

I'm sorry but your software is not Free Software. Even if it is free for
everybody else but "Football clubs resident in the United Kingdom", by
excluding someone it becomes proprietary.

That's something we have to live with when we release Free Software: someone
with evil practices that we do not support is treated on the same level as our
friends; it does not mean that we support their evil practices and we can
oppose them in other ways, but not by imposing license restrictions that would
turn our software proprietary.

If you decide to remove that clause 12 from your license, you can then
register your project again.

Cheers,
Jaime