[Savannah-hackers] Re: Removal of modules in CVS

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Removal of modules in CVS
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:51:18 +0000

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 04:19:36PM +0100, Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:
> We are going to be using a completely new directory structure in the
> module "grimoire" that will NOT have to be changed! Thus I would really
> appreciate if you could go in a physically clear that module. The module
> "gag" is no longer used at all, so it would be nice to have that deleted
> all together, even though it really is no big deal.

Done. While you're at reconstructing modules structure, I'd suggest some other
changes. You currently have the following structure:
  sorcerer
      |-- CVSROOT
      |-- new_spells
      \-- sorcery

I suggest that a module "sorcerer" is created, and new_spells, sorcery and any
other new modules move under it (you cannot do those changes but I can do them
for you if you agree):

   sorcerer
      |-- CVSROOT
      \-- sorcerer
             |-- new_spells
             |-- sorcery
             \-- other_new_module

The reason to keep it that way, is uniformity with all other projects, which
use that kind of structure. Several Savannah scripts assume that
"projectname"'s repository is in /cvsroot/projectname/projectname; if you do
not follow that structure, you may run into trouble (one problem I see now is
users complaining the CVS retrival instructions in Savannah are wrong, but
there might be other future problems).
By the way: do you want me to remove those empty subdirectories below
new_spells?

Cheers,
Jaime

P.S. It is better to ask savannah-hackers, rather than cvs-hackers these kind
of requests, so I've changed the list of recipients.