Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of WorldSpace 3D

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of WorldSpace 3D
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:51:30 +0000

You have some very nice tutorials and sample programs, but you will have to do
some changes before you can host your project here.
You should separate the tutorials+examples for GNU/Linux, from those specific
to Windows, which cannot be placed here. For instance the lcc-win32 is of no
use to the Savannah audience, and in q2mdlr90 (Quake 2 Model Editor) one reads
"This will only run on Windows 95, or Windows NT 3.51 or above".

You should also apply a license to your sample programs. Since you say you
intend to use the GPL, each examples zip archive should include a verbatim
copy of the GPL (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), and at the beginning of
each source program there should be copyright notices and copying permission
satatements, as explained in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

For the text of the tutorials, I recommend that you use the Free
Documentation License (FDL); see: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html

Once you have isolated the part that can be hosted in Savannah into an
archive, you will have to register your porject again, telling us where to
find that archive.

Cheers,
Jaime