[Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU Evaluation: Edventure

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU Evaluation: Edventure
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:49:40 -0700 (MST)

    > It looks like the reason for evaluating Edventure was to decide
    > whether it could be hosted in Savannah.  Is that correct?

    No, I think this request was placed before savannah-hackers was told
    to ask address@hidden when new packages were offered to be part
    of GNU.

When a developer asks us to make something a GNU package, then you
need to send the evaluation to me together with a clear statement that
that is the purpose.  Please do that regardless of who asked for the
evaluation.  Also, an evaluation for that purpose should always say it
is ok to contact the author--both for my sake and for the evaluators'
sake.

If some pending requests for an evaluation of a potential GNU package
were not entered the wrong way initially, please fix them now!  These
past mistakes are not sacred, so please don't let them cause future
confusion.  Correct them, so your future work and mine will DTRT.