[Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU Evaluation: Edventure

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU Evaluation: Edventure
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 18:41:04 -0500

> It looks like the reason for evaluating Edventure was to decide
> whether it could be hosted in Savannah.  Is that correct?

No, I think this request was placed before savannah-hackers was told
to ask address@hidden when new packages were offered to be part
of GNU.

I attach an excerpt from the original message from the author:

  From: "Douglas S. Blank" <address@hidden>
  Subject: Request to add Edventure into the GNU Project
  To: <address@hidden>
  Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 04:44:30 -0000

  Dear gnueval,

  As per Jaime Villate's instructions, I have corrected a few errors
  in the packaging of "Edventure," a free software course management
  system, and ask that you accept it into the GNU Project.

  You can find the latest prelease package at:

  http://dangermouse.brynmawr.edu/edventure/download/edventure-3.6.7.tgz

  I have already filled out the relevant project information at
  savannah.gnu.org. Briefly:

> I think we should develop another simpler evaluation template for
> this purpose.  That could make this kind of evaluation easier and
> faster.  What do you think?

Savannah-hackers have been doing an almost real-time check of
important things like license conflicts to approve/deny hosting
projects in Savannah.  I don't know exactly what they do, I just see
the email traffic in savannah-hackers.

Greetings,
- --
Hugo Gayosso