[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ezmlm-idx-ldap / ldap

From: marius
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ezmlm-idx-ldap / ldap2ezmlm
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 05:12:43 -0400

Marius Olsthoorn <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: ezmlm-idx-ldap / ldap2ezmlm
System name: ezmlmidxldap
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

I have called my project ezmlm-idx-ldap. My project is an extension
on the ezmlm-idx mailinglist program (www.ezmlm.org). My project allready
exists and consists of two parts. The first part of my project makes it
possible for ezmlm to use an ldap database as a subscriber database. This part
of my program depens on ezmlm-idx and openldap (www.openldap.org). This part
uses the skeleton provided by ezmlm-idx.

I contacted the maintainer of ezmlm-idx, so it could be distributed along with
the rest of ezmlm-idx, but he didn\'t respond.

The second part of the project makes it possible to configure ezmlm, with the
configuration stored in an ldap database. I called this part
ldap2ezmlm.

This part consists of a program called ldap2ezmlm. This program searches the
ldap database for mailinglist objects and uses this data to configure these
mailinglists on the filesystem. So its kind of a wrapper on the existing
configuration tool. ldap2ezmlm can also be run in daemon mode.

I am currently developing the project on the debian/linux platform, but it
should work on any platform where ezmlm-idx and the openldap libraries work.

It already exists but is not yet available for download.