[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Space Hulk

From: vinot
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Space Hulk
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 07:41:13 -0400

Romain Vinot <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Space Hulk
System name: spacehulk

Space Hulk is a great bard game of Games Workshop in the world of Warhammer
40000. This is a two player turn-based game where one play the \'Marine\', the
other play the alien called \'Genestealer\'.

This video game is a complete conversion of the board game with the
2nd edition rules. Well, I know there is some fans discussion to know whether
the 1st or the 2nd edition of the rules is the better. For my part, I only
played the 2nd edition, that\'s the edition this game is based on.

The project is aiming at providing a way to play SpaceHulk on your computer
exactly as you could do it with the real board version but with some extra :
you can play via network (no need to have two players in the same room)
synchronized or asynchronized (via e-mail), and you will even be able to play
solo against an artificial intelligent opponent (well, if I ever succeed to
create one...)

The game will run under any flavor of *NIX and Windows platform, thanks to QT
cross-platform library with a GPL license.

There is already a first public release. This is already \'playable\', but not
\'enjoyable\' as there is no QT-interface but only console-based command line.
And all the rules are not yet implemented.
You can find a pre-version at :
http://stud.enst.fr/~vinot/spacehulk/spacehulk-0.4.0.tgz