Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Velosurf

From: Claude Brisson
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Velosurf
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:48:45 +0200

Thanx for your prompt response.

Loic wrote :
> Could you please submit your project again and explain which
> Free Software Java suite can be used to run velosurf ? The
> http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ page will help you figure that out.

Well, I worked quite hard on it since I received your email, and encountered
some problems trying to run paperclips
either with ORP or Kaffe (most recent tarballs).

With ORP+classpath, I got :

No Java handlers found
No Java handlers found
Uncaught exception:
*** java/lang/System.isWordsBigEndian()Z
No Java handlers found
No Java handlers found

With Kafee, as with IBMJRE1.3, I got a segfault.

:-((((((

Anyone got an idea ?
A known problem ?
Which mailing list [archive/posting] would be accurate ?

Thanx in advance,

CloD
(if you can help me, please 'reply all', since i'm not in the mailing list)

versions :
classpath-0.03
kaffe-1.0.6
orp-1.0.9 (make NON_ORP_NATIVE_LIBS=-DNON_ORP_NATIVE_LIBS opt)
paperclips_rc1_1_23

(under i386 debian 2.2, other system characteristics neede ? which ones ?)