[Savannah-hackers] Re: Velosurf Java dependency

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Velosurf Java dependency
Date: 21 Apr 2002 01:56:22 +0100

Loic Dachary <address@hidden> writes:

> Claude Brisson writes:
>  > Thanx for your prompt response.
>
>       And thanks to you for taking this issue seriously. Not being a Java
> programmer myself, I'm adding address@hidden to the conversation so that
> he can comment on this.

I didn't notice the initial request. Can one of you fill me in on
what Velosurf is?

Is it a webapp?

>  > Loic wrote :
>  > > Could you please submit your project again and explain which
>  > > Free Software Java suite can be used to run velosurf ? The
>  > > http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ page will help you figure that out.
>  >
>  > Well, I worked quite hard on it since I received your email,
>  > and encountered some problems trying to run paperclips
>  > either with ORP or Kaffe (most recent tarballs).
>  >
>  > With ORP+classpath, I got :
>  >
>  > No Java handlers found
>  > No Java handlers found
>  > Uncaught exception:
>  > *** java/lang/System.isWordsBigEndian()Z
>  > No Java handlers found
>  > No Java handlers found

Hmmm... that looks like Classpath and ORP aren't setup properly. Can
you give a better bug report? Is that all you get? What is the
Classpath?

You can submit all those things to the Paperclips mailing list:

   address@hidden
or
   address@hidden

>  >
>  > With Kafee, as with IBMJRE1.3, I got a segfault.
>  >

Ok. I'll investigate those.

>  > Anyone got an idea ?
>  > A known problem ?
>  > Which mailing list [archive/posting] would be accurate ?

I think for development it's ok to use Blackdown Java. We obviously
prefer that people can use free tools and Classpath/ORP should work
(I haven't tried kaffe for ages though it's recently woken up again).

I'm in the process of making GNU Paperclips work on GCJ.

Nic