Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of bhakti

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of bhakti
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:40:54 +0200

        Hi,

        On the technical side, do you intend to use php3 ? As you know
php4 has a license that (although Free Software) prevents forking. Because
of that we refuse to use php4 and encourage people to support php3.

        Also, I'm unsure what you mean by

This project is intended to be Open Source.

        Savannah.gnu.org supports Free Software projects and belongs to
the Free Software movement. The GNU GPL license that you chose was designed
to support the ideals of freedom of the Free Software movement. The Open
Source movement is different from the Free Software movement and we don't
share its goals.

        Cheers,