Re: [Savannah-hackers] newest releases

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] newest releases
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:30:53 +0200

Guillaume Morin writes:
 > Dans un message du 22 avr à 13:33, Laurent Julliard écrivait :
 > > I could easily do that because I developed it for CodeX at Xerox. The
 > > only problem is that we do not use the original File Release mechanism.
 > > However I have good hope that putting this in place would be feasible
 > > without breaking the current release mechanism and have both running st
 > > the same time.
 >
 > We do not use the SF file releases system. So this should not break
 > anything.

        People can upload files using scp / rsync over ssh. If File
Release is used "as-is" it will interfere and/or confuse people by not
showing the existing files.

        I, for one, will never use the File Release and stick to rsync. If
people click on File and see a File Release screen showing nothing instead
of the (admitedly crappy) directory listing it now shows, they will be most
confused.

        Cheers,