[Savannah-hackers] [ 100790 ] SPAM filtering?

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 100790 ] SPAM filtering?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:42:28 -0400

Support Request #100790, was updated on 2002-Apr-22 17:42
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100790&group_id=11

Category: Mailman

By: mvo
Date: 2002-Apr-22 17:42

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=173
Browser: Mozilla/4.77 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.19-pre3-ac4 i686)

Hi,

we get a significant amount of SPAM on the Guile
mailing lists, especially bug-guile.  Some subscribers
have complained about this.

What can we do about SPAM?

Currently, I filter messages a bit using Mailman, but I
have to manually discard any SPAM.  I didn't do so for
a couple of days, and now I have over 200 pending Admin
requests, which are nearly impossible to handle with
the HTML forms interface.  I can do this once, but I
don't want to do it regularily.

I know nothing about how people normally filter SPAM; I
have told our subcribers that they should filter the
SPAM locally, if they are bothered.  Is that a good
suggestion?  What are GNU's spam filtering policies?

Thanks!