[Savannah-hackers] [ 100790 ] SPAM filtering?

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 100790 ] SPAM filtering?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:59:53 -0400

Support Request #100790, was updated on 2002-Apr-22 17:42
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100790&group_id=11

Category: Mailman

By: yeupou
Date: 2002-Apr-22 17:59

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1896
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.1 (X11 ; GNU / Linux 2.4.17 i686 ; fr_FR)

I have the same kind of problem on list I admin.

The way I solve the problem is blacklisting some openrelay
SMTP, mail adresses. You can do the same on the mailman
admin interface.

But I think we should make a blacklist of spammer SMTP,
adresses, for all the GNU.org.
I'm not favorable using blacklist already existing (on the
internet) since some of them are too restrictive and that
would be, for example, like on SF.net mailing-list,
discarding any localhost SMTP on aol connection, and
GNU/Linux users with aol as ISP can send mail without using
their own SMTP (since aol is designed for windows).

But I take this as a serious problem, and a decision for any
gnu.org server mailing-list should be made.

To my mind, the better solution is to set up an HTML page
with a form with different choices. Mailing-list users or
admin could add an entry: for example, I would add
inputs.orbz.org, relay.comanche.denmark.eu , address@hidden
address@hidden address@hidden

That would produce mailman filter entries like

message-id: relay.comanche.denmark.eu
from: address@hidden
from: address@hidden
from: address@hidden
from: address@hidden
message-id: inputs.orbz.org

specifying who have add theses adresses to the blacklist (to
avoid injustified filtering).

By: mvo