[Savannah-hackers] file release

From: mathieu
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] file release
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:42:56 +0200

We know have a file listing à la SF.net file release, you can see it at
https://savannah.gnu.org/files/?group_id=1388

The concept is simple, if a project wants to use this kind of interface, he will have to create a standard tree in this download area as this
$project/$package/$version/$file

So we can can have this interface without changing the savannah structure, users wil still need to use rsync or scp.

It can be a pain for users to create this structure, so I will add a page with a form for new releases : user will give informations about the new release, where are the files on his computer etc.. -> the mysql database will be updated with infos about the new version -> a page will be showned to him with a list of command that he just will have to copy/paste on a terminal and the files will be uploaded in the right area.

What do you think about it ?

--
mathieu
* http://humeur.coleumes.org Pourquoi il est vain de combattre le Front National en récitant des faits des années 1930... *