[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah account

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah account
Date: 22 Aug 2002 15:40:38 +0200

address@hidden (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) said:

> So I already am a savannah user.  I don't need to be told "hey, who
> the f*ck are you?"
>
> And yet, it doesn't work for me.  So rather than "hey, who the f*ck
> are you!  prove to us you count!" I want you to assume that I am
> worthy of consideration.
>
> If cvs-hackers no longer reaches the right people--which it once
> did--then that needs to be fixed ASAP.  And, while you're at it, it's
> a horrible shame that the GNU project has decided to turn its back on
> the attitude it cultivated for such a long time--that being helpful
> was a priority, and that helping people obtain access, rather than
> putting up barriers, was a chief responsibility of the Project.
>
> So, when I try to log in, I get errors, when it did once work.
>
> When I use ssh, it fails.  When I use kerberized telnet, it fails.
> When I use the login on the oh-so-clever web page, it says the
> unhelpful "phpkrb5 module failure".  It would be nice to have a GNU
> server that was accessible to GNU programmers in a way which seemed to
> do more than stroke the ego of systems administrators who enjoy
> playing access control games.
>
> I recall once when it worked.  I recall once when I was *recruited* to
> use savannah, in an effort to get established GNU developers to host
> their projects there, and I was promised all kinds of nice things
> about how friendly it would be and what wonderful access it would be.
> It turns out that it's basically a poor version of source forge.  What
> a disaster.  Does this mean that I need to move my projects off
> savannah now?
>
> Anyway, fix it.

I'm not going to waste any seconds of my time for someone who is only
willing to write a message full of insults.
We're volunteers and not here for the purpose of being insulted.

As Savannah USER you DO NOT have a shell account. No USER have such an
account. The reason is simple, you DO NOT NEED such an account.
If you really think you NEED such an account, deal with address@hidden

And if you unable to use some savannah service you be able to, as CVS,
please give details instead of insult!!!!

For instance "when I try to log in, I get errors, when it did once
work" does not help. "When I use the login on the oh-so-clever web
page, it says the unhelpful "phpkrb5 module failure"" neither.

No regards.

--
Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<