[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah account

From: Gord Eagle
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah account
Date: 22 Aug 2002 09:12:57 -0600

address@hidden (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> So I already am a savannah user.  I don't need to be told "hey, who
> the f*ck are you?"

I assume you got that e-mail of a few weeks ago where all the GNU
accounts had to be redone due to the latest break-in?  If not, that's
likely your trouble.

I, myself, turned over cvs-hackers to others a while ago.  Perhaps
that is my fault, but I have been under other pressures for a while
now.  Loic Dachary <address@hidden> is the person who is responsible for
things now, and my impression is that he's still helpful.

> It turns out that it's basically a poor version of source forge.  What
> a disaster.  Does this mean that I need to move my projects off
> savannah now?

It certainly looked promising, and I feel that savannah was necessary
to scale the CVS server.  I don't think there's anything here that
can't be fixed, but we have to `escalate' this to the attention of the
people who can fix it, given the right information.

Feel free to keep me CCed,

--
Gord Eagle <address@hidden> /\//\ I'm a FIG (http://fig.org/)
   Committed to diversity \//\/ I use GNU (http://fig.org/gnu/)