[Savannah-hackers] Savannah & GNU Enterprise website

From: Peter Sullivan
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah & GNU Enterprise website
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:52:20 +0100

Hi. I've been doing some work for the GNU Enterprise project
on re-writing their website, and dneighbo has asked me to write to
you to clear up a couple of points.

Firstly, I understand that currently there is a "kludge" in place
whereby the gnue/www/ directory from the GNUe CVS sources on Savannah
is in effect mapped to www.gnu.org/projects/gnue. This was a legacy
from our previous CVS on subversions which you set up specially for
us, and which I gather has caused some hassle at your end. We no
longer need this, and will update our web pages directly
via the CVS (HTML) part of our project on Savannah.

Secondly, the Browse CVS (HTML) for our project currently points to
www.gnu.org/software/gnue (which is empty) rather than
www.gnu.org/projects/gnue. What's the difference (in web site terms)
between the two? If 'project' implies 'something a bit bigger than a
single piece of software, like dot-gnu,' then that's probably where
we should stay. If 'project' implies 'not ready for use yet,' then
we probably should move to /software/, with just a redirect from the
old /projects/gnue/ directory (Google reckons there are 68 links to
this page).

--
Peter Sullivan <address@hidden>