[Savannah-hackers] Re: Import from CVS of bashdb

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Import from CVS of bashdb
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:30:41 -0400

The below is a copy of a comment I just added to Support Request
#101225. If you read it there you can ignore this.

I see that an earlier version of the tar file has been put on
CVS. Since this request has taken a bit of time - email was ent over
the weekend (Aug 24 or 25) and this request as a followup on the 26
after no response, I have been working on my local CVS to make
changes. So what's what is one CVS is a little old. (You didn't really
expect me to stop working on this for 4 days while you were thinking
about getting into CVS, did you?)

That said though, given the delay thus far, I was resigned to just
merge all the changes into one additional update on what is currently
in the Savannah CVS. However I can't because there's a lock. See at
the end of the note.

I am a little disappointed in the lack of communication about what I
hoped would be a simple matter. If you do work and the work is
finished, let me know. If you do work and the work *isn't* finished,
let me know. But doing something and not communicating about what was
done is a bit unsatisfying.

cvs -z3 address@hidden:/cvsroot/bashdb/ co bashdb
The authenticity of host 'subversions.gnu.org (199.232.41.2)' can't be
established.
RSA1 key fingerprint is 66:f4:9a:7e:e3:a8:c5:16:d1:88:aa:ef:3e:06:75:30.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
yes
Warning: Permanently added 'subversions.gnu.org,199.232.41.2' (RSA1) to the
list of known hosts.
Enter passphrase for RSA key '/home/rocky/.ssh/identity': ...
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.
cvs server: Updating bashdb
U bashdb/AUTHORS
U bashdb/CHANGES
U bashdb/xmalloc.h
cvs server: Updating bashdb/CWRU
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/cvsroot/bashdb//bashdb/CWRU'
(/cvsroot/bashdb//bashdb/CWRU/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/cvsroot/bashdb//bashdb/CWRU'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
address@hidden external-cvs]$