Re: [Savannah-hackers] mirroring cvs tree?

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] mirroring cvs tree?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:30:35 +0100

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 10:58:33PM -0400, James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:

> Juri> I'm just about to move my project, Straw, to Savannah. ...
> Juri> is there some way to keep a local mirror of the cvs tree?
>
> One of savannah's best features, as compared to the competition:
>
> rsync://subversions.gnu.org/cvsroot/$PROJECT/
>
> contains the cvsroot of $PROJECT.

Yes, that right; and rsync is very efficient, but if you prefer you can also
get:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs.backups/PROJECT.tar.gz

which contains a tarball of the complete CVS repository for PROJECT, updated
every night. The administration page for a project has a link "Download Your
  Nightly CVS Tree Tarball" that points to that tarball.

Cheers,
Jaime