[Savannah-hackers] submission of gnu/linux op platt - savannah.nongnu.or

From: jlueters
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of gnu/linux op platt - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:17:37 -0400

Juergen Lueters <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: gnu/linux op platt
System name: linuxplatt
Type: non-GNU

The project is a translation project: We are going to translate the following
projects to the language \"Low Saxon\" - iso language code \"nds\".

We intend to translate the Gnome desktop, the KDE desktop and the
OpenOffice.org project to the language \"Low Saxon\".

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:
I have tried to register the project before. There has been an discussion and
mail traffic which i provide to your information.

\" Juergen Lueters <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> Am Fre, 2002-09-06 um 15.44 schrieb Mathieu Roy:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The better place to get help and tools to translate/internationalize
> > gnome and kde is to go at gnome.org and kde.org
> > I\'m sure that gnome people will grant you cvs access to each project
> > they host and provide you mailing-list.
> >
> > If there is a particular reason to choose savannah as host, please
> > tell us.
> gnome is telling translation projects to setup a homepage and a
> mailinglist. They are recommending sourceforge as the place to go.
> I simply tried to use a gnu site instead.

You are right.

It is strange since Savannah is the GNU alternative for sourceforge
and GNOME is an official part of the GNU Project too.

Also, sourceforge now promotes explicitely proprietary softwares.

As part of the GNU Project, GNOME should avoid references to
sourceforge as possible.
address@hidden , would you like avoid references to sourceforge
for instance at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html#starting ?

> We do not need translation help, only webspace and a mailinglist.
>
> No problem to go to sourceforge.

We can consider this project as a documentation project. I was not
aware of thoses advices.
You\'re welcome to resubmit your project, if you want.

Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<
Hi,

I\'m evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.

I\'m sorry but from your description I do not understand what your project is
about. Are you translating the source code of Gnome, Openoffice and KDE?
or are you translating documentation about those systems? the purpose of this
project is to publish the translated documents? or to maintain some programs
you use for the translation? what is \"code nds\"?

Please register your project again with a more detailed technical description
(half a page will do). You should also indicate the licenses of the original
documents you are going to translate, to see if we can host your project here.

Regards,
Jaime

\"Jaime E . Villate\" <address@hidden> said:

> Hi,
>
> I\'m evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.
>
> I\'m sorry but from your description I do not understand what your project is
> about. Are you translating the source code of Gnome, Openoffice and KDE?
> or are you translating documentation about those systems? the purpose of this
> project is to publish the translated documents? or to maintain some programs
> you use for the translation? what is \"code nds\"?

In fact, this project has been previously proposed and was discarded
for the same reason.

The project authors has clarified his position by mail but have
forgotten to add those comments in his new registration.

The project goal is, if I\'m not mistaking, about publishing translated
documents.

--
Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<

I hope that all requierements have been met. I there are any further questions,
feel free to contact me.