[Savannah-hackers] submission of NSTX -- tunneling network-packets over

From: toma
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of NSTX -- tunneling network-packets over D - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 16:13:40 -0400

Tamas SZERB <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: NSTX -- tunneling network-packets over D
System name: nstx
Type: non-GNU

NSTX (the Nameserver Transfer Protocol) makes it possible to create IP tunnels
using DNS queries and replies for IP packet encapsulation where IP traffic
other than DNS isn\'t possible.

It uses the ethertap device on the both sides of the tunnel, so the linux
kernel module is needed.

The NSTX original package created by Florian Heinz <address@hidden> and Julien
Oster <address@hidden> but they don\'t want to continue the development so
we\'d like to `take it over\' and continue. They said it is OK, and we can use
their projectname `NSTX\'. Now, we got the appropriate record for
administrating the things on freshmeat.

the original package is here:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/nstx/7275/url_homepage/nstx.dereference.de

and the freshmeat record:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/nstx/?topic_id=150

Other Software Required:
linux

Other Comments:
I hope no evidence is needed, but of course I can show the mailing between us
(the nstx author and me) about NSTX and I can show them.