[Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Sim - savannah.gnu.org

From: danielb
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Sim - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 02:16:02 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Daniel E. Baumann <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: GNU Sim
System name: gsim
Type: GNU

GSim (or maybe GNU Sim?) is a multi-threaded C++ discrete event simulation
library/framework. It allows for both event-oriented and process-oriented
simulations to be built with it. It utilizes the GNU Scientifc Library for
random number generation and random number distributions and provides some c++
wrapper classes that can be extended via inheritance to add new random number
distribtions. The threading model(s) are realized via the GNU Common C++
library. To write a simulation one simply inherits from either an \"Event\" or
\"Process\" object and overrides the run() method as each of these types of
objects run in their own thread. There will be classes written for data
collection and analysis. Also there are plans to possibly use the GNU
Scientific Data Visualization library to provide a view (GUI) of various
statistics in the simulation.

You can find the existing code here:
http://www.libertyetech.com/gsim/gsim-0.1.tar.gz

NOTES:

The M/M/1 (single server single queue) example is somewhat functional however,
GSim is once again going through some heavy design changes as there exists some
race conditions and deadlocks due to overcompilcations in its current design
(Sometimes I need to be reminded of the KISS principle).

I can provide a much longer description if needed as I know you guys can be
picky about that ;). In fact, this description is kind of short so I\'ll work
on making a more complete and longer description.

Other Software Required:
GNU Scientific Library (GSL), GNU Common C++ (commoncpp)

Other Comments: