[Savannah-hackers] [ 101835 ] PHP & MySQL

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101835 ] PHP & MySQL
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 05:08:07 -0500

Support Request #101835, was updated on 2003-Feb-13 10:51
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101835&group_id=11

Category: Web

By: mijjasjaggis
Date: 2003-Feb-14 11:08
Logged In: YES
user_id=15788
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98; DigExt)

Okey..I understand the situtation. PHP takes a lot of
processor power, and so does MySQL, and I can see that you
really need all the capacity you can get for the homepage
itself.

Just one more thing, it's off this topic though;
 What about subdomaining? Having
myproject.savannah.nongnu/gnu.org is cooler than
savannah.nongnu/gnu.org/projects/myproject.  This is maybe
hard to set up due to any circumstances with your host
provider, right? Anyway..thanks a lot for this hosting
site! I may or may not host my own project here - it all
really depends on if I want to go open source or not..
Sure, I like open source stuff..and without it, I wouldn't
have come to this stage in experience which I'm currently
at - but at the same time..It can in some cases be good to
keep the source to yourself and only give it out in special
occasions and to special people (after special requests
ofcause). Since I do not want to make something for me,
myself, but for the whole programming society. Enough
yadding now..

My proposal stands as it is if you would like to take it.
Just contact me at any time on my e-mail when I'm
needed/wanted.

Thanks again for a great site and good luck with further
work with it!

 Sincerely,
  Anton Kiland, Sweden

By: yeupou