[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Yet Another Nuke for University an

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Yet Another Nuke for University and Students - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 14 Feb 2003 12:34:44 +0100

"Kacper Kruszewski" <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> hi.
>
> > Copyright's info is the main issue here.
>
> ok, i understand that's important,
> but i think that it's senseless to publish
> copyright info with partially done code.
> it's simply described as - let's say GPLv2 -and
> that should be enough....
>
> Do you really want me to add LICENSE
> file and text info in EVERY file??

Only the short paragraph as explained in the end of the GPL

> > Is PHP nuke still free software? The last time I heard about it,
> > the author was deliberately violating the GPL. Can you give
> > precisions (links) on this topic.
>
> hmm...
> i have no idea if thay are actually voilating licence...
> in footer of http://phpnuke.org/
> you can read:
> PHP-Nuke is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
>
> is it enough??

Ok, I just wanted to be sure it's still free software.

> what am i supposed to do now?  i understand that i have to
> "reregister", but what should i change in that form?
>
> as far as i remember, you have asked for my source code...
> like i said - it's rather rubbish now, and main reason to register
> it on savannah is to clean it up with help of other people....

It's not important if it's not clean. License info is the only thing
you have to take care to get your project account approved.
Please, put a link to a tarball with the files + license/copyright,
even if it's does not look nice.

--
Mathieu Roy