[Savannah-hackers] submission of Système Automatique d e Surveillance -

From: xavier
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Système Automatique d e Surveillance - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:42:08 -0500

Xavier Nicolovici <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Système Automatique de Surveillance
System name: sas
Type: non-GNU

The project I would like to be host on Savannah is called \"SAS\", which stand
for, in french, \"Système Automatique de Surveillance\". The english
translation would be \"Automatic System Watcher\".
The goal of the project is to developp an automatic system able to watch events
on computers, like processes, disk space, network interface, and send messages
to a server when some particular limt are reached (free disk space lower than
80%, network down,...).
The project will be coded with Java, and the MOM (Message Oriented Middleware)
will be OpenJMS from Exolab. Target platform for the server is Linux, and
client software for system control is supposed to run on Linux and Windows OS
(in fact, any platform supporting Java and OpenJMS).
This project is a school one. I\'m currently preparing a master degree in
computers, and this project is part of my exams. We are 4 people working on it,
and expecting time to provide a stable version of this software is end of May
2003.
As of today, we are in the analysis phase, and do not have any source code to
provide.
All the documentation will be written in french (we are from France), and if
people are asking for, everything will be translated in english durin summer
2003.
Document format used for user and functional spec is MS Word, this is
unfortunately not under my control, but all the source code will be licenced
under the GNU GPL.

Other Software Required:
JDK2
OpenJMS