[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Snort Intrusion Detection System -

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Snort Intrusion Detection System - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 29 Mar 2003 11:42:36 +0100

> Chris Green <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Snort Intrusion Detection System
> System name: snort
> Type: non-GNU

Hi,

        - We do not mirror CVS trees for non-GNU package. However, you
          can add an empty passphrase for a user on Savannah that
          would have write access on your project CVS and via a daily
          cronjob do a cvs ci. You would lost the main interest of
          CVS, concurrent versionning, but this interest is lost
          anyway since it would be a mirror.
        - The Savannah service is free. We believe that people that
          select Savannah should do it not only for technical reasons
          but for ethical reasons. So we believe that Savannah users
          should help us to promote what we think is important, as
          long as they agree. Talking about Free Software instead of
          Open Source, talking about GNU/Linux instead of Linux is not
          particulary horrible for someone who do not really
          care, but we believe that these expressions leads people to think
          about.

So, we can accept your project if

        - You handle by your technical means the mirroring activity
        - You accept to help us to promote the GNU project

What do you think?

Mathieu Roy